This trip was organized by:

The London and Paris trip was organized by International Tours of Lansing. They did an awesome job making sure we had a wonderful experience.

Link: http://www.intltour-lansing.com/





Monday, October 18, 2010

So Many ????s My Head Hurts

Did you know that electricity is different in other countries? You can’t plug in an item that uses electricity if you go to European countries. And Uncle Tim just informed me that London is different from Paris. Electricity is confusing enough here that I can’t even imagine what goes on in other places. I’m just glad I can go to Canada and use all of my electronic toys. Why does Radio Shack now call their stores The Shack and then The Flap Jack Shack dropped the shack and just call their restaurants Flap Jack? Did that happen in all one meeting?
Have you priced luggage lately? There is the cheap stuff that is inexpensive and looks like it will protect your precious items as well as a paper bag wrapped in plastic wrap. Then there is the expensive stuff that still looks like your stuff still might be comprised.
Have you heard about the resurgence of bed bugs? I have and I have no idea how to keep from becoming a bed bug carrier and bringing them home. I’ve dealt with fleas in the past and I have absolutely no desire to becoming a feed bag for these little critters.
I guess the Euro is dropping in value compared to the US Dollar, this according to Uncle Tim. However, he also believes that it would be best to travel with a credit card. I sent an e-mail to my credit union this morning to apply for one. I’ve basically have been using my debit card that can be run through as a credit card. Jumping the pond is starting to give me a headache.
I know I’m going to look like a tourist I hope no one approaches me for the pigeon drop scam. My cousin caught cut up in this money scheme and was subsequently beat up over it too. Imagine losing a couple of hundred bucks and getting an ass whopping as an added bonus. I wonder about pick-pocket persons. I think I watch too many movies.
What if I get sick or injured? Will my health insurance cover me? I do believe across the pond would be ‘out of network’.
I won’t even begin to think about cell phone usage. Roaming fees my ass. I think my special lady friend is going to have to go without talking to me a few times a day at $1.50 a minute. I guess I could be a good boyfriend and get her a web cam and microphone for her computer so we can Skype.
Crap this is starting to sound like an infomercial – just with a bunch of different companies. I have to call Physicians Health Plan to see what I have to do to not end up in a garbage can if I break a leg.

Thanks for your time, ~M

P.S.
PHP covers emergency services only so I can’t go in for a checkup and have that covered but if I break a leg I can submit for a reimbursement which may or may not mean I would have to pay the bill 1st. Let’s pray for no busting of my ass. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment