This trip was organized by:

The London and Paris trip was organized by International Tours of Lansing. They did an awesome job making sure we had a wonderful experience.

Link: http://www.intltour-lansing.com/





Thursday, November 18, 2010

Artistic Arc de Triomphe

Here is an example of a newb trying to take pictures with his complicated fancy camera. I suck.
Another newb example. I was so worried about getting a great angle on the lights beaming off of the Eiffel Tower that I completely missed this giant light pole beating me over the head. I am embarrassed.
10 minutes later I finally figure out all of those buttons. Okay I figured out some of those buttons. Cheeeeeeeese.
The magnificent Arc de Triomphe at night.
Once again I got a talking to by the police for trying to set up a tripod so I was trying to figure out some interesting angles.
I believe this flag was placed in the arc for Remembrance Day.
 Looking at these pictures now I realize I wasn't really appreciating where I was and the meaning of this structure.
The arc honors those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and the Napoleonic Wars, with the names of all French victories and generals inscribed on its inner and outer surfaces. Underneath its vault lies the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I.

Grave of an Unknown Soldier from World War I. Now I realize that I should have studied more about where I was going to be. I did not give this the reverence it deserved. Thank a military person - freedom isn't free.

No comments:

Post a Comment