This trip was organized by:

The London and Paris trip was organized by International Tours of Lansing. They did an awesome job making sure we had a wonderful experience.

Link: http://www.intltour-lansing.com/





Tuesday, November 9, 2010

London's Eye...

I don’t know why it is called The Eye, maybe because you can eye all of Paris. The gigantic circle looks like an amusement park ride that has had steroids. A lot of people seemed nervous about boarding the giant wheel. I wanted to board the eye twice. I refused to let my nervousness about the height. I kind of proclaimed myself the trip documentarian. I know I’m probably missing being in the moment but I get a lot of enjoyment trying to find amazing potential freeze frames.
As I got closer the behemoth I must admit I felt a little overwhelmed. That is a long way up and once you are up there you can’t just bail on a whim. I had to not think about any negatives and focus on the wonderful views that I was about to witness. The only glitch was that I couldn’t take my tripod into the pod. Security was weird. They confiscated my sticks. They passed a wand over my body and did not find my pocket knife. Although I had no intention in becoming a capsule murderer I was annoyed. I would have rather had them throw my knife away than lose my sticks. Night shots are difficult indeed and I needed all the help that I could get.
The ride was amazingly smooth. I had no sense of vertigo. There were only a couple of occasions that I felt “movement”. The journey was like butter. The view was had me awestruck. My stomach was a flutter with exhilaration as I looked over 1000 years of history.
My pictures might not have turned out that well but 28 minutes of moments will be forever etched in my mind.
~Melik
London's Eye
From one side to the other.
 An eye pod.
Parliament.
Hold me!
What do you mean you can't see me? I am smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment